BEd-thesis in Game-theory

 During my early bachelors I read many of Ian Stewarts short stories about math (highly recommend). I always remembered the story of Schokomoko as a great introduction to game theory, and on countless evenings I left my friends puzzling over why I, of the people playing, had the "dominant strategy" and won every game. Of course, the question of what the strategy looks like came up in particular.

Some thoughts about didactics in game theory deepened during my seminar "Applied mathematics and biostatistics", which I hold at BOKU. I am glad that Lena took those thoughts up and added many of her own, resulting in a great BEd lecture. You can find the slides (in german) here and her thesis here

Figure 1: stone scissors paper is a fair game, but what is happening, when you introduce fountain?

Figure 2: The game board of Schokomoko is a chocolate bar


(Figures are gratefully taken from the lecture)